DAW Audio Composition Project

Summary

I took a song and slowed it down, changed the key, and made it sarcastic. For this project, I chose “Warpigs”. I chose this song because it’s one of my favorite songs, its a good one and it seemed like it would lend itself to the warping of this project. Instead of the usual E, D, G, Gb, and F, I used Emin, Dmin, Gmin, Gbmin, and F min.

Audio File Formats and Definitions

AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format): stores standard CD-quality audio; similar to WAV (Higher Quality)

WAV (Waveform Audio File Format): CD audio; can be saved with different sampling and bit rates; similar to AIFF (Higher Quality)

MP3 (Audio File): Used to store audiobooks and music on a hard drive; Close to CD-quality sound; the higher quality sound comes from higher bit rates which also take up more storage space

MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface): music data: notes played, when notes are played, how long each note is played, and the velocity of each note played; used to be able to exchange and use information between software and hardware programs; no actual audio data

All the audio file format information is found at: fileinfo.com

Song Used As Template

• I like the sirens and I might be able to make something even cooler out of it.

GarageBand Tracks

Feedback

• Write a few comments from other students or advisory members
  • Cite the person who shared the comment
  • Only use first names

What I Learned & Problems I Solved

• I learned how to use the right amp simulator from soundtrap.
  • I learned how to slow down for the notes better!
  • For this exercise, I had no tutorials.